Wednesday, July 17, 2013

On finding out you're pregnant

So, Bryan and I decided last year that we were going to try to get pregnant in February of this year. And we were pretty excited about it.

Well, we went on our trip to the beach in May and on the second to last day of our trip, I realized I was late. We got home and a few days later we bought some pregnancy tests.

I took one and the line was super faint, so I didn't really think I was pregnant. The next morning, I took another one, and the same thing, just a really really faint line. Well, I still wasn't convinced, so that weekend we took a digital test, and saw the words Pregnant on the test.

I guess that is when I really believed it.  Ha, I guess you can say I was a little skeptical. (Bryan was probably less skeptical than me)Haha. We were SO happy!!!!!!

So I called my OBGYN and scheduled my first appointment and went in on June 11th! I was super nervous, probably more so for getting blood drawn (I hate needles), but also for seeing our baby and making sure it was healthy!!

So, I thought I was 7 weeks at that point, but I only measured 6 weeks 1 day.

Here is our first picture of baby Seaborn:

Okay, you can barely see the baby, but it was there! We could see the heart pumping and everything!! It truly was an amazing sight!

So yesterday, we went in for our second appointment. I am 11 weeks now!! I was hoping for another picture of the baby, but we don't get another ultrasound until September.

We did get to hear the baby's heartbeat, and that was AMAZING! It was the first time we got to hear it, and it made our day!

I still can't get over the fact that a human is growing inside me. Like, there is another beating heart in me....

Babies seriously are miracles. I am so grateful that Bryan and I are on this journey and that we are soon to be parents! Being a mom is basically all I have ever wanted to do, and I can't wait to meet this baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com